Stacey Altherr is a former prize-winning reporter for Newsday, a daily newspaper on Long Island, New York and now owns and runs a cafe on Longboat Key, Florida. The cafe is the best part of her former work, she says, because you get to talk to people and they tell you their life stories. Only this time, she doesn’t write it down and make it prose. She pours them coffee instead.
Please join me in welcoming Stacey Altherr.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- How Stacey worked at Newsday for 30 years and how she knew it was time to transition.
- How the 2009 adoption of her son influenced her decision on moving.
- Her thoughts about transitions and acknowledging that they don’t have to be forever.
- Her process for getting ready to move states and careers.
- How her previous job skills helped her find success in her new position.
- The shifts in her mindset that enabled her to embrace all of her changes.
Interested in booking Tammy to speak? Visit her website to learn how she guides audiences through the skills and techniques that yield success by taking an interactive approach. Her presentations equip participants with essential tools that can be utilized immediately and throughout their careers.
Interested in individual or group coaching with Tammy? Start here.
- Connect with Tammy on LinkedIn
- @TammyGoolerLoeb on Twitter
- @GoolerLoeb on Instagram
- Work From The Inside Out Archive.
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.