Phuong Luong is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and founder of Just Wealth, a virtual, fee-only financial planning practice serving moderate-income clients. Previously, she was the Director of Financial Services for a national nonprofit, managing the recruitment, hiring, and training of financial counselors. She also trains organizations on building effective and culturally relevant financial programs for marginalized communities and provides education on structural economic inequality. Her first career was as a math educator, special education case manager, and curriculum developer, for public schools throughout New England. Phuong is a member of CFP Board’s Council on Education and the Center for Financial Planning’s Diversity Advisory Group, to build recruitment pathways for planners from underrepresented communities and to retain them in the profession. Phuong earned a B.A. from Dartmouth College and an M.Ed in Special Education from Boston University. She completed the Financial Planning Program at Boston University.
Please join me in welcoming Phuong Luong.
In this episode we discuss:
- How making an impact has always been a driver for Phuong.
- Her journey from teaching to becoming a financial planner and coach, and the strategies she used to determine what would be next in her career.
- Her perspective on distinguishing between income, work, and job, with her desire to align all three.
- How her ultimate goal is to clear barriers to other people’s success and how she has strived to address that in each stage of her career.
- Traveling in Asia for a few months taught her that being a digital nomad was not for her.
- How she tailors her message to her audience, yet still lives her passion.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence” by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez
Interested in booking Tammy to speak? Visit her website to learn how she guides audiences through the skills and techniques that yield success by taking an interactive approach. Her presentations equip participants with essential tools that can be utilized immediately and throughout their careers.
Interested in individual or group coaching with Tammy? Start here.
- Connect with Tammy on LinkedIn
- @TammyGoolerLoeb on Twitter
- @GoolerLoeb on Instagram
- Work From The Inside Out Archive.
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.